Always fighting rebound highs? Maybe you're over treating...
There's not much text needed for this post, it's more for you to follow (orange numbers) and ask yourself, "What would I have done". Find the cause and effect that I created and use the information to help you make a better adjustment next time.
1. Arden's BG was 145 at 7 am. I bolused. .45 to try and get her as close to 90 as I could.
- It got a bit lower than I hoped.
2. The drift I caused with the .45 took her BG to 75 where it stayed steady.
- I may not have done anything if she was home but at school we wanted to bump it.
3. I set a temporary basal rate on her OmniPod, stopping insulin for a half hour and Arden ate one four carb glucose tablet.
4. No reason to panic, 75 BG is staying steady. Trusting that the temp basal and carbs will do what I expect. It does 40 minutes later.
- Temp basal can take 30-60 minutes to take effect.
5. Watching up arrow, don't want to get much higher.
6. Perfect landing! #A1cYaLater