Dexcom receives FDA approval for their G4 Platinum Continuous Glucose Monitoring System WITH Share, "faster than expected" and that's great news for tons of reason.
On Monday January 26, 2015 Dexcom announced in a press release that their G4 Platinum Receiver with Share built in was approved by the FDA in under 120 days (Thank you FDA!). Later in the day Dexcom held a webcast to make the announcement. I've listened to the webcast, pulled out the most interesting parts and included them for you here in my third and final microphone test before my new podcast officially launches.
If you listened to the audio you just heard that there is some crazy exciting news coming out of Dexcom's headquarters this week that's going to benefit everyone who uses a Dexcom CGM.
If you weren't able to listen here are just a few details from the announcement plus links to Dexcom's complete press release and webcast.
- The Share receiver is anticipated to ship to new patients in early March 2015.
- All patients who purchased a Share cradle will receive a free upgrade to the Share receiver.
- All purchasers of a G4 Platinum receiver from January 1, 2015, until the Share receiver is shipped, will receive a free upgrade to the Share receiver.
- There will be a low cost cash upgrade to the Share receiver for those patients who are still under warranty with their existing receiver.
- The Share receiver will be compatible with future generation Dexcom sensor systems.
The entire press release is here
The entire webcast is here