For the first time since Arden began wearing a CGM we are using a third party product to aid with adhesion. Back in December I realized that the adhesive on the new DexCom G4 sensors wasn't as resilient as it was on the prior version of the device. I tried for a few weeks to be sure that we weren't just having a bit of bad luck, but after a few attempts my suspicions were validated. As others started to experience the same lack of longevity the Internet became littered with folks saying that the new DexCom G4 adhiesive just doesn't stick like it did with the 7+.
I knew instantly that I wanted needed to add a third party product into the mix and I began to search online for options. All of my research led me to want to try Opsite Flexifix first so I ordered a roll on Amazon and waited for the UPS driver to arrive.
I later found a post on the D-Mom Blog that explains, step-by-step, how Leighann prepares her daughter's Flexifix to work in conjunction with a CGM sensor. I co-opted Leighann's plan for how she cuts the center hole and made one small change. Instead of a significant overlap, I cut the Flexifix just slightly larger than the DexCom's original adhesive (image below).
Tomorrow will the twenty first day since the sensor above was applied.
Opsite Flexifix, write it down.
Here it is Shelley.