For many of you Arden may be the only child that you know that has type I diabetes but she’s not the only one. Here are some facts about type I:
• Globally, there are close to 500,000 children under the age of 15 with type 1 diabetes.
• Every day 200 children develop type 1 diabetes.
• Every year, 70,000 children under the age of 15 develop type 1 diabetes.
• Type 1 diabetes is increasing in children at a rate of 3% each year
• Type 1 diabetes is increasing fastest in pre-school children, at rate of 5% per year.
• Over half of children with diabetes develop complications within 15 years.
Please take a moment to find out more